Thursday 21 February 2008

High DefinitionWorld

Maybe you haven`t realised it yet but the whole world seems to be turning to digital. I got my first cellphone when I turned 15, because I went to a boarding school-far away from home, so if something happens I can let my family know. It was just an emergency instrument. The only thing u could have done with it was call someone. Oh and play snake-which gets boring by the time. I still remember how it looked like. It was quite big, and heavy, no camera included, no colour. Now, 7 years later,i s the cell phone the reason to live. Your whole life is depending on that small 5x10 cm thing. It`s not only for calling 911 anymore. You can do everything with it..Make phonecalls, sending text messages, e-mails, pictures, videos, listening to music, even download to music from the internet, pay your bills, shop, play games. It`s really cool for young people, it`s also very useful for businessmen and that kind of people. Makes the life easier. But what about the older people? People born around the 1950`s? I mean me from the young generation, I have many of problems to withstand the technology. I`m constatly confused when I buy a new cell phone, cause they have so many functions and features and I honestly don`t know what for and how to use them. I suppose thats how the whole senior generation feels. Shreveport is the third largest city in Louisiana - "the next great City of the South", according to the motto on their homepage.The higher authorities there intend to change from analog service to digital. Especially older people have special cell phones for emergency cases.They can`t receive or make calls they just can call 911.So there`s a big concern what will happen to this people,cause with the change it may happen that they won`t be able to call 911 anymore. Voluntarily entering the modern world?

Edited by: Lydia Jasenska

These news are brought to you by CantellTV, it's technology partner SigEx Telecom and it’s founder Christopher M. Cantell. CantellTV is the fastest growing provider of digital broadcasting coupled with enhanced communications, allowing people to easily control, view, upload and share digital content through proprietary interface. CantellTV has relationships with a growing network of international clients delivering millions of videos per day with more than 50,000 new videos uploaded and 200 hours of new TV shows broadcasted daily to a wide range of viewers, from 5 to 7 year olds of LiveCartoons; to 16 to 24 year old active social users of MyJumps; to fortune 50 corporate clients utilizing enhanced broadcasting services. CantellTV is committed to delivering infinite choices to your world of entertainment at the tip of your fingers.